Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers Recognized
Agnesian HealthCare honored its volunteers during its annual recognition luncheon at the Holiday Inn in Fond du Lac with the theme - Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers: Living Our Mission…a Spirit of Hope.
“We are very proud and honored by all of our volunteers – approximately 800 men, women and students throughout Agnesian HealthCare – for their valuable service and commitment to Agnesian HealthCare,” says Linda Becker, Agnesian HealthCare Volunteer Services supervisor. “Our theme this year truly exemplifies our volunteers through the time and dedication and the gift of hope they give to patients, visitors and associates at Agnesian HealthCare.
“Our volunteers demonstrate the true meaning of giving and caring for others to carry out the mission set forth by the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes,” Becker adds. “We could not do all that we do without our dedicated volunteers.”
As part of the luncheon, Steve Little, Agnesian HealthCare president and chief executive officer, was the keynote speaker. In addition, new volunteer board members were installed, and many were honored for reaching milestone hours in their volunteer career.
Norlene Herrenbruck, Gary Ring and Alex Rodriguez were installed as new members of the Agnesian HealthCare Volunteer Advisory Board. They join current board members, including: Kathryn Curran, George Feudner, Colleen Sabel, Mary Sippel, Steve Wilburn and Sandra Wroblewski. Special recognition was also given to Jane Carter, Ralph Germain and Ed Fenner who are all outgoing volunteer advisory board members.
Agnesian HealthCare Volunteers were congratulated for their accomplishments, which, in part, include.
• Donated 55,000 hours of service
• Raised nearly $13,000 in various fund-raisers
• Donated 16,750 hours of service to Hospice Hope, traveling 117,320 miles
• Gave 297 in-house shampoos
• Donated $21,000 to the Agnesian HealthCare Foundation through St. Agnes Hospital Gift Shop sales
• Awarded five scholarships to high school seniors pursuing healthcare careers
• Donated 2,700 hours of service through 85 summer student volunteers
• Knitted, crocheted or quilted lap robes for cancer patients, as well as baby caps for newborns
• Helped with more than 1,000 discharges and errands each month
In the photo: Agnesian HealthCare recently honored its many volunteers during a special luncheon. Among those attending were the Agnesian HealthCare Volunteer Advisory Board, including (left to right, front): Ralph Germain, Colleen Sabel and Jane Carter; and (back) Alex Rodriguez, George Feudner, Mary Sippel, Gary Ring, Norlene Herrenbruck and Steve Wilburn.
Please remember a few rules before posting comments:
- If you don't want people to see your email address, simply type in the URL of your favorite website or leave the field empty.
- Try to be civil to your fellow readers.
- Stay on topic. We want to hear your opinions and thoughts, but please only comment about the specified topic in article.